The Hero Handbook
A Crash-Course In Building a Badass Body, Getting Your Shit Together, and Living the Life of Your Dreams
Hi. I'm Nate. And I wrote the Hero Handbook for you.
Now I know that sounds weird. Like, who am I to know what you need? For that matter, how do I even know who you are?
Good question. And my answer is very simple: you're probably a lot like me.
We both want to live the "good life." We may not know exactly what that means, but we're positive it has nothing to do with working a boring job, having a body we're not proud of, or eating at Applebee's every day for the next 30 years.
In other words, we don't want to live like everyone else. We want the best out of life—money, travel, health, a great body, rewarding relationships – and we're willing to work for it, even if the rest of the world gets lazy.
Another thing: we're both smart. We want to work hard and use our talents to make our lives – and the lives of the people we care about – a lot more fun and fulfilling. We want to be challenged in a positive way, and we want to reap the rewards of our hard work.
Finally, we both want a heroic body: plenty of muscle, low body fat, and the ability to dominate any obstacle that's in front of us. Because let's face it – what good is having the "dream life" when you don't have the body to really take advantage of it?
The Hero Handbook is a collection of principles, ideas, and action steps that will help you build a great body, and live the life you want.
The tips and action steps in the Hero Handbook is stuff I wish someone had shared with me years ago when I was just starting to figure out what I wanted to do with my life.
- Defining what you really want out of life then setting a plan to get it
- Gaining muscle or losing fat without sacrificing your social life
- Structuring your day to be the most productive
- Getting out of debt and making good money
- Having better relationships with friends and family
- Setting goals that actually get done
- Letting go of the bullshit, and focusing on things that actually matter
Thanks to the lessons I've learned from mentors, conversations with amazing people, and plain old trial and error, I've developed a list of rules and action steps to live a remarkable life. And I put them all in the Hero Handbook.
Here's what I've done over the past few years:
- Gained 40+ pounds of muscle
- Traveled in luxury for weeks at a time with only a small bag and my laptop
- Paid off all my debt and started saving for adventures, fun stuff, and retirement
- Started a successful small business
- Consulted with multi-million dollar companies
- Fostered great relationships with family and friends
- Been featured in the LA Times, Men's Health, and Men's Fitness magazines
- Sold my first book, Built for Show, and had it distributed around the world
- Written over 100 articles for online and print magazines that have been read by millions of people
- Trained with some of the best strength and nutrition coaches in the world
- Started this blog where I connect with thousands of people (Over 135,000 last year alone) and help them become their own hero.
The Hero Handbook – Made For You
Now, our versions of the "dream life" – our desired outcomes – are probably pretty different. As they should be. We can all do whatever the hell we want, which is an incredible freedom.
But the principles of living that kind of life – the behaviors and habits we follow every day – well, those are the same for both of us.
In other words, there's a formula to becoming successful in life. (Success, by the way, is up for you to define.)
I think the Hero Handbook will resonate with you on a deep level.
That's why instead of selling it, I want to give it to you for free.
Yep, no kidding. There are no strings attached, and certainly no bullshit.
Look, I've spent the past few years reading, traveling, and doing. I've built the life of my dreams, and I did it with a lot of help.
I'm offering that same kind of help to you.
I've had beers with guys who say they want to get their shit together, build a great body, travel, and be successful.
They tell me all they need is a little direction. A little advice.
The Hero Handbook is my advice to them and to you. I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it.
Like the Hero Handbook? Find it helpful? If so, I have one request:
1. Help spread the word.
Pass the Hero Handbook to anyone you think it'll benefit. Link to this page on your blog, or share this link on your Facebook wall. Help me spread the word.
I want to get the Hero Handbook in as many hands as possible and I'd be honored if you helped me do it.
Could You Use a 16-Week Training and Nutrition Program to Build a Heroic Body?
For about the price of a chicken dinner and a mediocre bottle of wine, you can get the Hero Workout, a 16-week progressive training and nutrition program build specifically for guys like you. It's the perfect complement to the Hero Handbook.